Duties and Responsibilities of Joint Commissioners:
I. Joint Commissioner for Transport (Admn)
1) General Administration
2) Building & Furniture matters
3) LA & LH questions and co-coordinating meetings.
4) Meetings arrangements of officers of Transport Dept and coordinating with officers of other departments of Govt.
5) Public Relations
6) Audit and related actions
7) Meetings of coordinating committee
8) Permission for Registration of new vehicles
9) Verification of daily dairies of the Dy Commissioners for Transport, sanctioning of Casual and other leaves.
II. Joint Commissioner for Transport (Secretary KSTA)
1) Functioning of KSTA
2) Supervision of computerization and Dept website activities
3) Vehicle Taxation and related subjects
4) Follow up actions related to ‘Sarige Adalat’ and Right to Information Act.
5) Budget matters
III. Joint Commissioner (Enforcement – South)
1) Issue of International Driving License
2) Coordinating maters related to the usage of alternative fuel and LPG for vehicles
3) Implementation of works related to new registration and new name plates
4) Initiating action regarding issue of alternative registration numbers in advance for the new series
5) Enforcement action in Mysore, Chamarajnagar, Mandya, Hassan, Chikamagalur, South Canara, Udupi, Shivamoga District of the state, supervising and deputing Motor Vehicle Inspectors and the Sr. Motor Vehicle Inspectors for the activities.
6) Execution of work related to Road Safety matters
7) Enforcement, Complaints and Grievance of the concerned Districts
8) Supervision and coordination of Air pollution Inspection checks in the concerned Districts
9) Supervision of activities related to the Driving Training Centers
10) Sarige Adalats
IV Joint Commissioner (Enforcement – North)
1) Enforcement activity of Bidar, Gulbarga, Bijapur, Bagalkot, Koppal, Raichur, Belgaum, Dharwad, Gadag, Haveri districts of the state
2) Deputation and supervision activity of the M V I and Sr. MVI to the Check posts coming under the jurisdiction of the above districts.
3) Sarige Adalat
4) Supervision and coordination of Air pollution Inspection checks in the concerned Districts
5) Supervision and coordination of Air pollution Inspection checks in the concerned Districts.
V. Joint Commissioner (Vigilance & Air Pollution)
1) Issue of Permits, coordinating the activities of Air Pollution Testing Centers
2) Deputation and supervision activity of the M V I and Sr. MVI to the Check posts coming under the jurisdiction of Bangalore (Urban & Rural), Kolar, Tumkur, Chitradurga, Davanagere, Bellary districts of the state
3) Matters related to the sound pollution
4) Saruge Adalat
5) Analysis of vigilance information
6) Complaints & Grievance with regard to the concerned districts.
VI. Joint Commissioner (Urban & Rural)
1) Revenue Collection and General Administration of RTOs and ARTOs
2) Road Safety
3) Disposal of appeals and orders under MV Act.