No person shall hold more than one driving licence. Rules provide for obtaining or
adding additional class of vehicle in the existing driving licence.
The following procedure has to be followed for endorsement of additional class of vehicle in existing driving licence.
1. Application and Documents :
- Application form in CMV 8 available at the enquiry counter.
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Valid driving licence
- Valid learner’s licence for which additional class of vehicle is required.
Documents of vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive vehicle (such as Registration
Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under control Certificate and fitness certificate
in case of transport vehicle).
- In case of addition of transport vehicle certificate in form CMV 5 issued by Driving Training School.
2. Fees: (payable at the RTO cash counter)
- Rs.30/- towards DL Book or Rs. 215/- for PVC Card.
- Rs.50/- towards driving test for each class of vehicle .
3. Where to file an application ?
- The applicant shall present himself before the Asst. R.T.O. (Driving Licence Branch) along with application and documents.
4. What is test of competence to drive vehicle ?
The Inspector of motor vehicles will conduct the test of competence to drive vehicle as per the procedures laid down under rule 15 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989. (Refer http://morth.nic.in/
more details). After satisfaction about the driving skills the testing authority will pass his remarks about the endorsement of additional class of vehicle. The Asst. R.T.O. will pass an order for an endorsement.
- Applicants who have passed and paid fees for PVC Card shall present himself before the computer system for
5. Delivery of Driving Licence:
- Driving licence with endorsement of additional class will be
delivered on the next day between 4.30
– 5.30 pm .
6. In case the applicant failed in test of competence ….. ?
NOTE: For obtaining
endorsement for driving goods carriages carrying dangerous and hazardous goods:
- Application on plain paper
- Minimum Educational Qualification : A pass in Xth or equivalent examination.
- Applicant should produce a proof to show that he is able to read and write at least one Indian language and English.
He should possess a certificate issued by the recognised institution of having passed a course connected with transport of such goods (Syllabus as prescribed under rule 9 of CMV Rules, 1989).
For more information please contact P.R.O/A.R.T.O/R.T.O.