The following procedure has to be followed for obtaining permanent Driving licence
Note: 1. The applicant can appear for test of competence to drive only after completion of 30 days from the date of issue of learner’s licence.
2.The Applicant who desires to obtain Driving Licence for Transport Vehicle shall have driving training from the licenced motor driving school.
1. Application :
- Application form in CMV 4available at the enquiry counter.
- 3 recent passport size photographs to be produced.
2. Fees: (payable at the RTO cash counter)
- Rs. 40/- for DL Book (CMV Form 6) (or)
- Rs. 215/- for PVC Card (CMV Form 7)
- Rs. 50/- for Driving Test (Test of Competence to drive).
3. Documents required :
- Valid learner’s licence.
- Documents of vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive(such as Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under Control Certificate, Fitness Certificate in case of Transport Vehicle).
- In case of transport vehicle,certificate in form CMV 5 issued by Driving Training School.
- If applicant's age is 40 years and above, Medical certificate in form CMV 1 and CMV 1A have to be produced.
4. Where to file an application ?
- The applicant shall present himself before the Asst. R.T.O. (Driving Licence
Branch) along with application and documents.
5. What is the test of competence to drive ?
- The Inspector of motor vehicles will conduct the test of competence to drive vehicle as per the procedures laid down under
the rule 15 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 (Refer http://morth.nic.in for more details). After satisfaction about the driving skills, the testing authority will pass his remarks about the issue of driving licence. The Asst. R.T.O. will pass an order for issue of driving licence.
Applicants who have passed and paid fees for PVC Card DL shall present himself before the computer system for capturing photograph.
Driving licence will be delivered on the next day between 4.30 – 5.30 pm.
6. In case the applicant failed in test of competence ….. ?
- The applicant failed in test of competence can collect his application along doucuments and can reappear for the test after 7 days by paying the test fees of Rs. 50/-.
7. Currency of driving licence:
- Driving licence issued is valid throughout India.
- Driving licence will be issued for 20 years or 50 years of age whichever is earlier for non-transport
vehicles (Motor cycle, Car/Jeep, Tractor only, etc. which are used personal use)
- Driving licence issued for transport vehicle will be valid for three years.
For more information please contact the concerned P.R.O/A.R.T.O/R.T.O